5 Examples of the Best About Us Pages
When it comes to running businesses, communicating with clientele is what it’s all about to garner customers regularly. Fortunately for those of us living in this digital era, communicating is more productive with the internet. Under the umbrella of the internet comes owning a website. Having a website goes a long way in forming bridges between companies and present and future clients.
“About Us”- About What?
An “About Us” page is where clients or viewers will click on to find out briefly what your company is all about. In essence, viewers are trying to weigh out if they can trust your company and whether or not they’re convinced regarding the product(s) or service(s) you have to offer.
The “About Us” page is typically the first or second page linked to on top of the website, and sometimes it can be the last section as well. A good “About Us” page can be both short and precise or a bit on the longer side, without missing essential facts.
A few questions that the “About us” page generally answers are:
- How and when did the company startup?
- Who is/are the owner(s) of the company?
- What are the company’s objectives or motives?
- What are the company’s values/core principles?
- What makes the company unique or stand out in its sector?
Five examples from the best “About Us” pages of mining companies
Mining companies across the world are fast picking up on how to stay active online and how to keep this online presence alive and kicking. Mining companies can be found at their physical locations as well as in the virtual world, making some pretty bold online presence as they seek out clientele.
Below is a list of five mining companies that have great “About Us” pages.
1. Canarc had an informative “About Us” page. Their “About Us” page divides sections, including an overview, management, board of directors and corporate governance. Each of the above sections has brief information that is pretty self-explanatory.
2. Buchans Resources has a great “About Us” section that includes the following sections: at a glance, our strategy, management and directors and board responsibilities. Each of the sections contains facts and data pertinent to the part in question.
Our unique agency process shows you examples of your future website potential (your branding, your content, your stock price banner) before you commit.
3. Centaurus Metals includes an “About Us” page that covers the following sections: company overview, fact sheet, directors & management, corporate directory and corporate governance. They detail the background of the company while keeping its current projects and other on-going work at the forefront of discussion.
4. Dundee Precious Metals includes three sections to their “About Us” page, mainly board of directors, management team and glossary of terms. Close attention went into providing the background of each part of the directors’ team. Pictures are provided to give the profiles a more personalized feel.
5. Engineer Gold Mines has a short yet on point “About us” section that divides into the sections: corporate summary, management & board of directors and corporate directory. The is no extra information included, making for more precise sections.
Websites are simply one form of online presence, amidst so many others. Great “About Us” pages are one aspect of a site. In addition to an “About Us” page, the user experience, and content determine the site’s effectiveness.
“About Us” pages help to cover one angle of a great website. When the other aspects of a website are as tremendous and precisely done as the “About Us” section, the site does wonders for the company.
Grace is a writer at Neumarkets. She's a single mother and spends most of her time travelling with her daughter and her laptop. Travel opens up a new world to her and she embraces knowledge from every corner. See all of Grace's posts here.